Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No Shave November



Although I am not participating in No Shave November (due to the fact that I cannot grow a full beard) I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize the importance of checking your balls (which is what No Shave November is all about). 
As a testicular cancer survivor, I can certainly say it's not something to be taken lightly. I don't think men receive enough attention about this issue as women do about breast cancer; men should not be ashamed to speak openly about serious health concerns that affect our brothers, dads, uncles, and friends. Checking your balls is an easy task; after a hot shower, using your insex finger and thumb, feel for any lumps. Also, if you experience lower back or abdomen soreness and pains, these may be symptoms of testicular cancer. Consult your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment